Tuesday, January 17, 2012

'Family' Interactive Canvas

'Family' Interactive Canvas
Hi everyone,
Today I am showcasing a new paper line by Quick Quotes called "One Fine Day."  With these papers, I decided to create an interactive home decor piece.  I used my Spellbinders Grand Caliber machine along with the 'Creative Book Pages' Grand diecuts to create my flip up pages.
I used a 10x10x1 canvas, then I used 3 diecuts from the 'Creative Book Pages' nestabilities to create different layered pages.  I scored each page at 1/2" to create the binding for my album.  I adhered them to the back side of the canvas so that when the last page is flipped up I have a shadow box :)

 On the cover I added corrugated chipboard, a Petaloo flower, QQ frosted butterfly, cream ribbon & I cut the Precious Family rectangle from the word & phrases sheet included in the paper line.  Throughout the project I also used various QQ inks: Mocha Mama, Green with Envy & Bloody Mary.

 For my first flip up pages I used some corrugated chipboard, a Martha Stewart Punch & some of the Quick Quotes adhesive backed glitter chipboard pieces.  I then scrunched some ribbon across one part of the page.

 For these next pages I used a QQ diecut frame.  I also used more of the glitter chipboard pieces and added various bling.  "Family is..." also cut from the word & phrases paper.


For the last pages I used the negative piece from one of my flip up pages as the background to mat around my shadow box.  I decorated the inside with Petaloo flowers.  The 'Forever' journaling spot is also included on the 12x12 word & phrases sheet in the paper pack.
I really enjoyed working with these new papers and I hope you enjoyed my project.  Thanks for stopping by! :)
Photobucket

7 comments: