Friday, August 26, 2011

Quick Quotes FRI Challenge #2 - BANNERS


It's Quick Quotes
FRIDAY CHALLENGE #2
8/26-9/1

Banners, Banners, Banners!!! They are popping up everywhere... on cards, on layouts, on altered projects. This Friday Challenge is to use a BANNER on your project. (Remember: you do not have to use QQ products. Everyone can play along!)  Head over to the QQ blog to link up your project!

I (Lisa, your QQ social media director) am your host for this challenge. =)
I had yet to create a project with a banner
but I was loving all of the projects I was seeing with them.
Here is my project for this challenge:

QUICK TUTORIAL: Banners range from complex to pretty basic. For my basic banner I used my circle punch on two different patterned papers, cut them in half, and 'voila'... I had my banner. I have also seen ladies use this same technique with a scalloped circle. I sewed my banner on, but baker's twine also looks great!

DESCRIPTION: this layout shows my hubby & 4 year old son on a sea plane (aka float plane). My husband just finished his private pilot's license, so airplanes are a big part of our lives.

ITEMS USED: Quick Quotes "By the Bay" papers <- these are a bit older but they are still one of my all-time favs. QQ vellum, QQ ribbon, QQ Blue Hawaiian chalking ink. Martha Stewart 'Cherish' punch, brads.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment