Monday, April 18, 2011

Club Q Alternate Designs for April

This month QQ introduced their newest paper line called "Damsel in Distress." Since I am surrounded by boys, I sometimes find it hard to take the 'girly' papers and turn them into pages I can use for the men in my life. In my alternate designs for this month on my two page layout I steered clear of the flourish side of the papers and used the more masculine stripes for a daddy & sons layout. Then I created a one page layout with the flowery side that I plan to use as a heritage page with great grammie & the boys.

These particular papers also reminded me of celebrations such as an anniversary or wedding, so I also created 2 cards to use for occasions such as these. ENJOY!!!

"Just Like You" (father & sons layout)
I left the two tags and chipboard in the bottom corner empty for me to add journaling later.


Chipboard Embellishment Idea - take regular chipboard and stamp a design on top of it or use metal tools to imprint a design on the chipboard before adding distressing ink.


"Daddy's Boy" poem - what a perfect addition for this page. Sometimes a vellum quote sums up everything you are thinking and feeling to add special sentiments to a page.


"For Keeps" Heritage Layout
The "for keeps" tag can be glued down to the page or you could cut a slit in the page protector to create an interactive sliding piece and add journaling to it. There are also 3 flowers pre-printed at the bottom of this paper. To make them pop a bit more I took a second sheet of the same paper and cut out the 3 flowers. Then I folded the edges slightly and glued them on top of the initial paper. It is hard to see in the pictures, but it definitely adds a lot to the bottom of this layout :)


"Celebration" card
Inside the frame you could add a picture of the happy couple for a wedding or anniversary.


"Enjoy the little things" card
I see this as a perfect card to send a friend after a day of hanging out or just to let them know they are loved.


0 comments:

Post a Comment