Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Laugh Often" 16x20 canvas




I hope everyone is having a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. I was able to spend this morning scrapping with my best friend, Jess. Here is the canvas I created today. I don't have pictures for it yet but I was too excited to wait to post.

The paper line is from Crate Paper and is called 'Seasons.' I found the canvas at Michael's on sale, two for $5.99. Canvas comes in various sizes. This particular one is 16x20. Since scrap paper is only 12x12 you have to be a bit creative to cover up any seams.

I used my cricut machine to create my diecut words and large frame on the left. I made the bottom portion a pocket so my tags could stick out of it. To make a pocket simply glue on the left side, right side and bottom only. This leaves the top open to slide items into it.

I wanted to add some dimension to the page so I took one row of flowers and punched out various size circles in coordinating paper. Then I trimmed all edges of each circle (so they wouldn't be perfect), sprayed them with water and crinkled them, then set them aside to dry. Once dry you can add a brad and glue them down. I also used pop up tape on 'Laugh Often'.

I will post an update picture of this project once I add my photos. :)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment